I started blending exposures with luminosity masks years ago in an attempt to get the dynamic range that HDR promised, but without the compromises in quality. At first, my results were pretty embarrassing and I kept using HDR for a while. Then I started to get some better looking results, but was still frustrated with bad tree edges and other blending issues. And then finally everything started to click. It took me a long time because I was figuring most of the process out on my own. There’s no reason you should go through the same struggles.
To help you benefit from years of hard work in just a few hours, I’ve created a comprehensive course to help you tackle those challenges, the Exposure Blending Master Course.
This comprehensive course includes:
- Over 7 hours of training videos showing how to blend single or multiple RAW files to expand dynamic range and extract maximum detail from your RAW files.
- Chapters focusing on blending technique, sky replacement, subject-specific considerations, fixing common issues. See the course page for a full outline.
- The RAW files used in all the videos. This includes 9 different scenes to address a variety of challenges in landscape, cityscape, and real estate interiors/windows.
- Written course material designed to augment the videos, as well as provide links to numerous additional free resources and videos.
- Written summaries of all the videos with time-codes to make it easy to follow along, no matter what style of learning you prefer.
- Quizzes to help ensure understanding and retention of key concepts.
- Access to the course via iOS app, including offline viewing of the videos.
- Lifetime access to the course.
- Hosting on a professional learning management system to facilitate learning. This helps tie all the various aspects of the course noted above into a navigable interface.
And to help you make the most of the course, it comes with several great bonuses:
- Bonus #1: Complete luminosity masking workflow video and written outline. This is designed to help show exposure blending in the context of a complete workflow, as well as provide a generalized approach you can use when working with luminosity masks. This addresses one of the most common requests I receive.
- Bonus #2: Lightroom Develop presets to facilitate RAW processing for blending.
- Bonus #3: Keyboard shortcuts reference for luminosity masking.
Please see the Exposure Blending Master Course web page for more details.