Do you have a photography blog or photographers who follow you on social media? If so, you could start generating revenue simply for recommending a product you enjoy. As an affiliate, you will earn a 25% commission for all referred sales of Lumenzia or other products from Greg Benz Photography LLC.
How to get started as an affiliate:
- Signup to be an affiliate through DPD to promote Lumenzia and course bundles. It takes only 1-2 minutes to get started. After that, just post your unique link URL to start generating commissions. [If you don’t already have a DPD account, select “I need an account”. There is no cost to create your DPD affiliate account.]
- Signup to be an affiliate through Teachable to promote individual courses (such as my Focus Stacking or NYC courses). While most of these courses can also be purchased through DPD, those sales provide a coupon code to redeem on Teachable. So selling directly on Teachable skips a step to keep things simpler for the customer. I only offer the courses via DPD to allow savings through bundled purchases.
- Once you have completed signup, click “get link codes“. Click “generate hoplink” to get a link you can share with others who may wish to purchase Lumenzia.
- If you wish to create affiliate links for my courses directly on Teachable (which is a bit simpler for the end customer if they are not buying bundles through DPD), please email me and let me know which email you’re using for my course and I can turn on affiliate links for you there.
Tips for affiliates:
- Tell your audience what you enjoy about Lumenzia or why you think they would enjoy it. Don’t just post a link.
- Final works of art are great, but many people also appreciate seeing a before image to get a better understanding of what Lumenzia can do for their images.
- Disclose your relationship as an affiliate. I recommend adding a privacy and ethics statement to your site, if you do not already have one.
- Never “spam” people with the link. Only share it with people who have given you permission to contact that, and only in a manner that they would consider helpful. Never send it to users who have not followed you or opted into your mailing list. (This is also a violation of the affiliate terms and will get you kicked out of the affiliate program.)
- If you already have an account but forgot your password, you can reset it via getdpd.com/user/lostpassword.
Frequently Asked Questions for the Affiliate Program:
- What do I have to do? Signup and post your referral link. It’s that simple. DPD manages all the details.
- Can I see my sales numbers? Yes! The affiliate program is managed by DPD, the same company I use to distribute Lumenzia. You can log into your DPD affiliate account 24/7 to check your current earnings.
- How are referrals tracked? Tracking is performed via cookies based on your unique hoplink. Be sure to share via your hoplink to get credit.
- How do I get paid? All affiliate payments are made via PayPal. Update your affiliate profile to specify which PayPal email address should be used to pay you.
- When do I get paid? Commissions for a given month are typically paid ~45 days after the end of the month (ie, commissions from sales February 1-28 would typically be paid ~April 15).
- Do I have to pay taxes? You are responsible for determining what taxes apply to your income. By Federal law, US affiliates receiving $600 or more in a calendar year will receive a 1099-MISC form.
- Is the program available outside the US? Yes, affiliates are welcome from nearly anywhere (see the terms in the signup process for exceptions). You are responsible for reporting income tax as applicable based on your local tax law.
- Can I sample Lumenzia? I have no program to support that. My goal is to help other photographers. I only endorse products that I personally use and love, and I ask that any affiliates similarly have genuine interest in my products. And you can earn back the cost of your purchase with only 4 referrals.
Please email me if you have any questions or suggestions to improve the program.