I strive to make my work available to a broad audience, while balancing the need to pay for the travel, training, equipment, and website costs required for me to create and share my work. I allow use of my images from this website in a few different ways:
Creative Commons License
Use the Creative Commons License, you may:
- Copy, Distribute, and Transmit the image
- Create Derivative works of the image
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Greg Benz must be made along with the image. Electronic posting of the image must additionally include a link back to an appropriate page on gregbenzphotography.com.
- Non-Commercial: The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances. For clarity on what defines commercial use, see the following examples.
- The work is publicly available on gregbenzphotography.com or my YouTube channel.
Examples of acceptable use under the Creative Commons License:
- Using an image as a desktop background on your personal computer.
- Posting my images or embedding one of my free tutorial videos on your personal blog.
- An article about luminosity masking or Lumenzia.
- Editing tutorial images provided for your own learning.
Commercial License (direct from me)
‘Commercial Use’ regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of our images is allowed only if expressly granted by Greg Benz. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. Our fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, etc.
- Distribution – number of copies printed, audience size, geographic scope (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
- For a quote, please email me.
Examples of use requiring a Commercial License:
- A marketing campaign.
- A fund-raising campaign for a not-for profit entity.
- A background image for a website owned or used by a corporation.
- Creating a print for use in a private home.
- Use of any image I have licensed via Getty Images.
If you have questions or are interested in licensing an image for commercial usage, please email me. Please be sure to note the photo you are interested in obtaining, as well as your desired usage (where, how long, size, number of uses, etc).
Commercial License (via Getty Images)
I also have many images available for license through Getty Images. These images are subject to the terms and prices found on Getty’s website. Per my exclusive agreement with them, these images must be licensed directly from Getty.